October has flown by, but it will not be over until I share our favorite recipe for pumpkin bread! Bursting with flavor and open to add-ins, this bread is a fall tradition for our family.
Despite all the ingredients, preparation is a cinch!
Mix the wet ingredients.
Mix the dry ingredients.
Add in some raisins or toasted nuts if you want. Chocolate chips would be yummy too! It is fun to experiment with it!
Bake in 2 loaf pans (yes, it makes two – give one away!) and let it cool before slicing. Then enjoy a taste of autumn!
Autumn Spice Pumpkin Bread
1½ cups brown sugar
½ cup oil or applesauce
2 eggs, beaten
1 (15-oz.) can pumpkin, or 2 cups fresh pumpkin puree
1/3 cup water
1¼ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
½ tsp. allspice
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. cloves
½ tsp. nutmeg
¼ tsp. baking powder
½ cup raisins
½ cup chopped walnuts or pecans, toasted
- Mix sugar and oil. Add eggs, pumpkin, and water.
- Sift dry ingredients together; add to pumpkin mixture and blend well.
- Stir in raisins and nuts if desired.
- Pour into 2 greased 9x5” loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until done.
- Remove from pan and cool thoroughly on wire rack before slicing. Makes 2 loaves.