OATMEAL PECAN PIE CRUST:
½ cup butter
2 T. sugar
¾ cup flour (optional whole wheat flour)
½ cup rolled oats
½ cup chopped pecans
zest from 1 lemon (optional)
- Cream butter and sugar, then flour, oats, pecans, and lemon.
- Press into pie pan evenly. (Makes one 9-inch pie crust.)
LEMON PECAN PIE FILLING:
1½ - 2 cups pecans, toasted*
½ cup packed brown sugar
2 T. all-purpose flour
1 cup light corn syrup
1/3 cup butter, melted
3 tsp. lemon extract
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/8 tsp. salt
lemon zest (optional for garnish)
- Make pie crust as directed above, then place pecans in crust. *To toast pecans, spread in a baking sheet and place in a 350 degree oven for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and flour. Add the remaining ingredients; beat until combined.
- Pour over pecans. Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes or until knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish with lemon peel if desired. Refrigerate leftovers.