Peanut butter, chocolate chips, and oatmeal mingle deliciously together in these “oat-rageous” cookies! Aunt Betty gave us this recipe, so you know it has to be good.
The first step is beating the butter with the sugars.
Then, add in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla.
After adding in the flour, baking soda, and salt, mix in the oats…
…then the chocolate chips!
Everything comes together to look like this!
Spread them out on a greased cookie sheet (or a silpat mat – I love mine!) and stick them in the oven!
And when they emerge, they are gloriously blended together into mounds of magnificence!
Best if eaten while warm, and in large quantities!
Oat-rageous Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
½ cup butter
½ cup white sugar
⅓ cup packed brown sugar
½ cup peanut butter
½ tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. salt
½ cup rolled oats
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth.
- Stir in the peanut butter, vanilla and egg until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; stir into the batter just until moistened.
- Mix in the oats and chocolate chips until evenly distributed.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on to lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until the edges start to brown.
- Cool on cookie sheets for about 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.