Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Alphabet Book: K-O

Welcome back to the next installment of our awesome alphabet book! If you haven’t already, go back and read the explanation behind it and the previous alphabet page ideas!






Kk is for Kiss


This was the “saved” version of our class kissing wall that we did around the time of Valentines Day. (You can read more about it here.) But basically I put their individual pages up to the kissing wall and had them kiss the page in addition to the wall. Long after the paper came down, they still “kiss” the wall!



Ll is for Leaves


I think you can guess when we did this – in October, when we learned about fall! Even though we don’t get too many fall colors in Florida, we still painted leaves red, orange, yellow, and brown. After each child had painted their leaf, I made a print of it on their “leaf” page. (Leaf rubbings would be great for this too!) And then we stuck on some foam leaves as well.



Mm is for Me!


This was one that the children did not participate in, but I think it will be fun for them to flip through their book and come across a picture of themselves! It turned out to be a very simple scrapbook page, as I just mounted the picture on some triangles and stenciled their names below.


Nn is for Noodles



When we learned about our five senses in September, we had a whole sensory bin full of noodles. We used those big shell pasta and rotini, and then we painted with them too! I just set out some trays of paint with a few noodles, and the kids had a blast! It is so cool to see the ridges and textures.



Oo is for Orange O’s


We made these in February, when we talked about colors and shapes. It is also very reminiscent of our circle art, but we only used pool noodles this time. They are the perfect size for little hands to grip, and they made lots of circles/O’s!


Stay tuned for more alphabet book ideas!

A-E
F-J




2 comments:

  1. Thank you again! And now I think I'm going to be sure to share your ideas with some friends who have toddlers. I can think of at least three people who would eat this up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I wish I had more time to write about all the fun stuff we do, but maybe I will eventually catch up. Thanks for passing me along!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...